Sunday, December 1, 2013

JOHN WILLIAMS AND HIS SUPERMAN THEME

Here is a Youtube video on John Williams and his creation of the terrific Superman (1978) theme music. (Like a friend of mine, Williams' Superman theme is not my favourite created for the super-hero character; I reserve that for the signature tune composed for the 1950's television series, The Adventures of Superman. I blogged about this, last year: here.)

Enjoy!

Trivia note, first: The Johnny Williams Superman tune is very similar to Victor Young's rousing theme music from the VistaVision flick Strategic Air Command (1955). No surprise, really... and no doubt Williams was inspired by that tune.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3u5OLfnYw

2 comments:

Dominic M said...

Gotta say it's one of my favorite movie themes...

Barry Smight said...

It is terrific.

With respect to Woody Allen, it's my second favourite Williams "epic movie" theme.