Sunday, July 7, 2013

REARRANGING FOR POINTS

"Rearrange my apartment."

That was my mission today and I must say I accomplished that and more. A friend came by to help me move some of the bigger items and once we were done it felt like my prep work paid off immensely: It took the two of us maybe five minutes to 'move this, here, and move that, there'.

(Or was it 'move this here and move that there'?)

My greater/grander point is this allows me to work more comfortably on two freelance jobs on my desk, one of which will take a couple of months. As any motivational expert will tell you, a ship-shape place makes personal and professional tasks that much easier to accomplish.

In the style of Wayne Knight's character in 1993's Jurassic Park, I'll soon have a desk with chocolate bar wrappings and pop cans strewn about. (I'm kidding, I don't eat chocolate bars and I don't drink pop. Actually, I don't look much like Wayne Knight. But I could, if I really wanted to... maybe not.)

There's more to do, a lot of bits and pieces to tackle; and they must be attacked quickly and thoroughly or I'll just end up having everything slide back down again -- two steps forward, and one back.

So... that's how I spent my Sunday.


No comments: