Monday, July 1, 2013

MARTIAL ARTIST AND ACTOR JIM KELLY DIES

Before getting back to work here at home I thought I would check the Guardian newspaper's website...

Enter the Dragon star Jim Kelly dies aged 67
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jul/01/enter-the-dragon-jim-kelly-dies


That is sad news to me. Jim Kelly was one cool dude, especially in 1973's Enter the Dragon (one of my favourite movies).

"When it [defeat] comes I won't even notice … I'll be too busy looking good."

And that you were, sir.

Mr. Kelly was first a martial artist, winning four tournaments in 1971 alone. This skill came in handy when it came time to play "Williams" opposite other cool men, Bruce Lee and John Saxon, in that classic fists-of-fury picture.

I'm balancing my rather tight schedule right now; especially considering that I have to fit-in a screening of Enter the Dragon....

No comments: