Sunday, December 30, 2012

THUNDERBIRD 1 (IS GO!)


I know this goes against the grain, the popular opinion, but my favourite Thunderbirds vehicle is not "Thunderbird 2", as much as I like that machine. My personal fave, and has been since I was a wee-one, is "Thunderbird 1". Manned by Scott Tracy, this wonderful flying machine has an English Electric look.

Back in 1993, when Thunderbirds toys were reissued by Matchbox, I picked up both TB1 and TB2.

Hmm... the more I look at Thunderbird 1, the more it looks as though it was manufactured by Mikoyan-Gurevich ("MiG") or Sukhoi. Is it possible that International Rescue bought Soviet equipment?

(The RCAF should seriously consider buying from Mikoyan or Sukhoi -- now part of United Aircraft Corporation. Forget Lockheed Martin and the F-35 "Fleabag".)

No comments: